If you have set up an alias with our service, you can also use this alias on your iPhone or iPad. Admittedly, we do not offer support for e-mail clients (there are simply too many and we do not develop this type of software), but this was a difficult challenge as the function was very well-hidden.
Note: These instructions apply only if you have set up your mailbox access as a ‘mail account’ using IMAP. However, if you also use ActiveSync for your e-mails, you will not be able to use aliases.
Setting up an alias in iOS
- Open the settings and go to the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendar’ section.
- Then select the mailbox.org account that you have set up.
- Select ‘IMAP -> Account’
- Click ‘E-mail’ under ‘IMAP Account Info’.
- Select ‘Add another E-mail’ and enter your alias address
- Press ‘Enter’ (on your keyboard) to confirm your entry
- Check the box next to your alias address
- Click ‘< Account’ at the top left-hand side
- Your alias should now be entered as an e-mail address
- Important: You must click ‘Done’ on the top right-hand side; otherwise, your changes will not be saved.
Now your alias will be used when you send an e-mail from your mailbox.org account.